- Still the best off roader... till it fails
- You do need a large car!
I'm adding to my previous review, having lived with the MB Terrain for 6 months.
Still THE best for offroading... nothing beats it. It's ridiculously easy to move over rough ground or obstacles (we have lifted it over styles in fields !) and our baby sleeps... well like a baby... in it as the recline is great.
However... 6 months in we literally had the wheel fall off. In use. The quick release wheel mechanism has failed and one rear wheel will not stay in.. (it's the locator mechanism, not the wheel itself) Obviously a dangerous fault and I am waiting to see what MB customer services are going to do about it. Given the high cost of the buggy, they had better be good!
- Two sets of wheels.. which take seconds to swap over. Going shopping? Small(er) wheels Heading for the fields.. 16 inchers. Equally quick to remove and pop in a carrier bag if they are full of mud!
- High position, but full recline when it's nap time. Most of the sling seat all terrain pushchairs have a very laid back seat position. The MB terrain has a lovely upright seat until you decide to recline it..and it goes in many increments to flat so suits all ages
- Massive basket and pockets all over the place
- Lovely hood that is moveable to shade
- The handle has many positions so suits people of any height.
- So easy to push one handed!
- Recline straps are a little fiddly at first... but work well
- With the 16 inch wheels on it's a very tall buggy... probably too tall if you are a short person!
- It's fairly bulky so needs a decent car boot space
A buggy that is ACTUALLY all terrain!
I needed a pushchair that could handle going across seriously muddy fields, going through boggy meadows, up hills (and down) while caring for my grandson and walking a large dog at the same time.
Previously we had a premium 'all terrain' stroller ..an Icandy Peach jogger, which was comfortable and beautifully designed..but actually couldn't handle a real off road experience..we damaged the front wheel and chassis after getting stuck in serious mud!
SO... researched, reviewed, and decided to get a Mountain Buggy Terrain.
I'm glad we did! The baby was 8 months old when we bought it and I can see that it will be used for many children to come, and unlike many pushchairs it will actually fit until they are school age!
- Excellent push
- Perfect quality and design
- Super spacious
- Leg rest
Its perfect. Top class for me!