Thank you Eli for this!
I am literally 'agonising' over which compact stroller to buy to take on our holiday next week AND use as an everyday stroller for home life... as I thought I would go for a Bugaboo Butterfly... then have read enough reviews (incl. those by parents on here) to get panicked that it will not be good on any terrain apart from very flat surfaces! It ticks most other boxes that I had required tbh, and I even preferred it (and thought my 1.5 year-old son seemed to as well), for comfort, to the Joolz Aer that we tried in our (UK) Mamas and Papas store this weekeend - for height in the seat and the leg rest (which is strangely immovable on the Aer, as you may probably know).
Currently, we have an Uppababy Cruz buggy for our son that was bought v cheaply & has proved to be pretty hardy, considering, but is second-hand and so old (2015 model) that is has NO suspension (which I have always really wished it did!) - and is also somewhat heavy.
So the things I want in a stroller are:
- suspension and an ability to cope well with most terrains - to give my son a smooth, non-rattly and basically all-round smooth, comfortable ride
- a good long, comfortable, safe seat (preferably with bumper bar option) that my son will be comfy in and have lots of growing room in too
- decent and accessible shopping basket capability
- good sun cover
- a leg rest that is comfortable and can be moved to any position required
- a recline function (for napping) that is safe, secure, solid and easy to use
- a stroller that can take me attaching my rucksack to its handlebars - and not topple over; also that has an easy access (and firm) brake
- a stroller that folds down small and ideally can be taken on board a plane
- ideally, a stroller that includes accessories like a travel bag and buggy board (and whatever else they usually come with - we do have a cup holder and rain cover etc already)
So basically, I want it all!!! And no stroller on the market (as far as I can see anyway!) seems to offer this?
Is that the case as far as you are aware?
Let me know if you think there exists a stroller that will tick all these boxes...and still be affordable! ;-)
Many thanks for reading this and for your help!